Render.ru

Cheapest framebuffer for DF

Матрокс и тарга точно работают. На ебейке таргу2К-pro можно купить баксов за триста.

Thanks, OKEAH. What about cards with hardware AVI codecs like Miro? And Matrox what model? I need only a TV-preview - no fancy real-time stuff or anything...

Miro does not working.
Matrox... Only not so cheap devices, like DigisuiteLE.
If you'll be so lucky to find old DPS Perception (AD-3500), that will be the cheapest (and the best!!!) solution to satisfy your needs.

And one more thing...
I don't know how AD-3500 works on Win2000, i worked with Perception only under Win3.11 and WinNT 3.51 (4.0)

I think that I can get one from my friend. It works on Windows XP without any problem. The only ugly thing about it is the required SCSI drive(s).

BTW I don't know why in the hell it don't support DV output. It would be fairly easy to add one and it will be great for just TV preview if you have DV hardware like tape recorder, convertor or camera at hand.My guess is that they have some contract with editing cards manufacturers so they'll keep DV as long as possible.

>The only ugly thing about it is the required SCSI drive(s).

Not so ugly. It have on-board SCSI controller, and works fine even with very old (and cheap ;)) SCSI drives.

>My guess is that they have some contract with editing cards manufacturers

Exactly! With Leitch, for example, limited version of DF (called DFX+) bundles with their cards, such as Reality.

Yes, I know ;) - I used to work on a reallity board in my previous job. I wonder when will eyeon write a DV output for digital fusion as it is so damn simple to program - there are some dv filters built in direct show already - just a few calls and thats it. Combustion already has this...

Сверху