Render.ru

Render

Наконец установил рендер ман хотел его проверить у меня была готовая сцена самолет с текстурой ну и всякой фигней нажимаю рендер а он рендерит темноту.В опциях лазел незнаю все равно неполучается.
Может ктонибудь напишит свои настройки.
Спасибо.

Oh, you again...

I always wondered, what would savage do with -- say -- cell phone. Now I seem to understand.

The moral is that you shouldn't use highend software unless you're aware of how it works and what it is actually for!

PRman действительно достаточно сложен в освоении и использовании, поэтому прежде, чем его использовать, необходимо прежде всего ознакомиться с документацией и определиться заодно зачем он нужен.
Если майская модель имеет материалы с текстурами, то в лоб без назначения
шейдеров PRman эти текстуры не отредерит.
Без текстур или только с процедурными mtor подставит автоматом свою версию phong-a, lambert-a и т.д.
Может быть еще более прозаичная проблема -- отсутствие источников света в сцене ;-)

P.S. А лучше все-таки подобные проблемы решать на RenderMan-овском форуме. Там, воспользовавшись поиском и FAQ-ом можно найти ответы на большинство возникших вопросов.

Look I know it may sound rough but I'm NOT gonna babysitting here OK?

"I press the button -- and nothing's going on! What should I do?" -- is that a problem we all should be brainstorming here to solve? NO!

Why should I explain that RMan uses it's own materials, which can (and should) be created via Slim and then (THEN) assigned to geometry. This information can be EASILY found in RMan release notes, where I did found it when encountered some rendering problems.

Why I waste my time at all? Especially on guys, who only cares of what button they should press and unable to use their brains or whatever has left of it.

And yes! What is RMan for I wonder for the kid who only starts with Maya? Build-in renderer isn't enough already?

No, not actually -- just the many thinks that using more advanced sofware will give them more realistic (or whatever) result. Yeah -- F1 car is a rocket comparing with, let's say, Volga. But ask yourself CAN you drive that Volga at least!

Сверху